What you'll be doing: Under the day to day direction of the Warehouse Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring warehouse and distribution demands are met. This position will coordinate and insure productivity, safety, maintenance and adherence to procedures on the warehouse floor. Individuals in this position are familiar with all general floor functions and can perform the majority of the jobs within the department, including receiving, material handling, order picking, packaging, booking shipments and quality control. The Warehouse Supervisor is expected to act with good judgment, take initiative and provide supervision to warehouse operations with a minimum of supervision themselves. They are tasked with ensuring that the daily scheduled work is completed to standard for output and quality including cleaning and organizing.
- Supervising the daily operation of the warehouse to include receiving, storage, movements, order picking, order fulfillment, shipments, retail delivery, inventory and ensuring distribution demands are met. Supervises offline production area responsible for specialty packaging products, coffee bag stickering, automated labeler and printer projects. Supervise the use of an automated / bar code driven warehouse management system (DSI Warehouse Management System) Book shipments with 3rd Party LTL Carriers for product delivery.
- Ensuring compliance with HACCP, Cal / OSHA, FSMA and all food and worker safety regulations, and sustainability compliance programs under the direction of Warehouse Manager.
- Verify that area-specific cleaning activities are performed, per our Master Cleaning Schedule
- Reporting any food safety or food security concern to the Warehouse Manager.
- Provide supervision and technical assistance to warehouse and distribution team to attain departmental and organizational goals.
- Evaluate each station of the warehouse to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Determine work procedures, work schedules, and workflow for warehouse team members. Perform developmental assessments and performance management coaching for the team members under your charge.
- Review standard procedures and policies for improving the operational efficiencies,
- Participate on continuous improvement team and conduct projects to improve departmentissues. Monitor process metrics to measure and manage operational effectiveness. Conduct daily department standup meeting and participate in daily lightning scheduling meeting Monitor / update team members time cards, approve time off and submit bi-weekly payroll report. Identify and track (CMMS Software) the performance of preventive, corrective and predictive maintenance services on warehouse department equipment. Supervises Facilities Spare Equipment Program to support Retail Stores. Operates forklift, automated pallet jacks, automated pallet wrapper, and other packaging equipment as necessary. Other duties that may be assigned by manager.