Under the direction of the Roasting Operations Manager, this role provides technical support for the roasting department to ensure amazing and consistent coffee. This position will be responsible for facilitating sensory analysis, receiving and handling green coffee, assisting with daily roasting, and performing tests related to packaging standards.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Gathers and maintains a library of roasted coffee samples.
- Sets up and breaks down sensory analysis experiments and tests in support of roasting team.
- Receives green coffee onto production floor.
- Provides support to the roasting staff when needed including: green loading, machine operation, and maintenance.
- Roasts samples of all incoming green coffee for analysis to validate roast profile with Roasting Operations Manager.
- Measures and records DO2 Levels in packaged coffee on the production lines throughout the day.
- Escalates discrepancies to the production and packaging teams and ensures corrective action has been taken by following up with further testing and analysis.
- Operates test and diagnostic equipment including Color Track, Agtron, Refractometer, Oxygen Analyzer, etc.
- Performs preventive maintenance on test and diagnostic equipment.
- Other projects as assigned.